Sources - Friends of Holy Cross

The Friends of Holy Cross
Go to content

Sources

Holy Cross
The webpages in this section are taken from a booklet called 'Church of the Holy Cross, Chiseldon - a short history and guide' by
Mrs Sheila Passmore, a founder member of Chiseldon Local History Group and noted local historian. FoHC is very grateful to
her for giving her permission. The booklet is available from CLHG.
Her booklet notes the following sources:
  • previous guides by: Mrs E Waugh, Revd Sydney Collins, Margaret Harris
  • 1891 Surveyor's Report and Plans
  • Salisbury Diocesan Records, Wiltshire Record Office
  • Victoria County History
  • Wiltshire Archeological Magazine
  • Swindon Advertiser, North Wiltshire Herald
  • National Monuments Record
  • Hugh Braun: Parish Churches - Their Architectural Development in England
  • Stephen Friar: A companion to the English Parish Church
  • Edward Kite: The Monumental Brasses of Wiltshire

She makes the following acknowledgments:
  • thanks to Dr J H Bettey for his help and advice
  • Buckler painting reproduced by kind permission of WANHS
  • copies available from: The Library, 41 Long Street, Devizes, SN10 1NS
  • research material held by Chiseldon Local History Group

© FoHC 2019
Back to content